About Our Campus
Teachers Home>About Our Campus>Teachers
- Greeting：My name is Catherine Vieyra, I am from America. I have been teaching English for over 3 years. I enjoy teaching very much, and I love working with children of all ages. My teaching methods include using games to make the children excited to learn, and engaging the class with a lot of examples and activities.
- Anna K
- Greeting：Hi! My name is Anna. I’m from San Jose, California. Teaching young minds is one of my passions in life. I love to travel, and moving to China to teach English, combined two of my favorite things. English learners are passionate and eager to learn. Using all my skills, and discovering new abilities along with my students, makes it more fun.
- David Bodnar
- Greeting：Hello, my name is David. I am originally from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I have been teaching or training people since the late 90s. I am currently working on my Masters Degree in Education. I have lived and taught in different parts of Latin America, the Caribbean, North America and South East Asia.
My hobbies include cooking, computers, watching anime, playing baseball, reading and writing.
Reading has always been an essential element of life for me. Teaching at Reading Star allows me to share my passion with young minds. It is my hope that students I will positively influence my students by what I have to offer.
- Matt D
- Greeting：Based on my personal experience living in another country, learning and practicing another language and experiencing different cultures, broadens horizons and creates opportunities. English is the language that makes this possible. I am an English teacher who wants students to be successful in their studies and future careers. I love to work in a fun and productive atmosphere in order to encourage all my students to learn and participate, and I constantly engage and push them to keep discovering and never stop learning.
- Adam S
- Greeting：Hello, I am Adam, from Canada. I have been teaching English to students of all ages in Asia for fifteen years. I am passionate about education, English, and psychology; and I love to share with students what I have learned along the way. I believe that learning is most effective when it is enjoyable as well as intellectually engaging. I encourage my students to have fun communicating and exploring the world through English. The most rewarding aspect of teaching is nurturing the growth and empowerment that follow.
- Greeting：I am Dana from U.K. I have been teaching for more than 25 years, and I am still passionate about it. I have a holistic approach to my students, which means that I do not teach them only English, but try to get to know them and share my experience of the world with them. Teaching for me is a two way street. I listen carefully to what my students have to tell me, and respond to their needs accordingly. I also like to learn from them, know their interest, the way they think, their opinions, doubts, and emotions. I like to challenge their brains, and make them think for themselves.
- Greeting：Originally from Upstate New York, I moved to Florida to complete my university education.
Upon completion, I moved to China where I have been teaching for the past eight years.
I have experience teaching children and adults, and have taught IELTS and TOEFL courses.
I have also lectured a university foundation year English course.
My name is Grace Gary, from Atlanta, Georgia, and I've been working with children in several environments across America and China. I was introduced to the profession of education at age 13, and continued to refine my skills as a home tutor, then a school teacher, for the past ten years.
I've learned that the best way to keep my students attention and drive for learning is through laughter and stories. In my classes I use jokes, personal experience, and incorporate the daily lives and hobbies of my students into the lesson. This assures a captivated interest for learning that gives them the self-motivation to succeed.
- Nile R
- Greeting：Greetings! My name is Nile. I am from Portland, Oregon in the United States. I love languages and find that learning new languages broadens one’s horizons and helps to make connections, strengthening your understanding of even your own native tongue. As a language student myself I understand the struggles and successes of my students and try to guide them with a caring approach. English can be a difficult subject but I motivate students with the passion I have for the English language. I look forward to working with you in the future!
- Julia G
- Greeting：Hi, I’m Julia. I’m From Buffalo, New York. My class is very
organized, but not without a sense of excitement. I also believe it’s
important to associate learning with fun. Silly voices and acting out
words is my specialty, which brings a whimsical air to the classroom.
My interests include traveling, cartoons, comic books, and gaming.
- Greeting：Hi! My name is Thomas Cherry, I am from the English countryside. I was brought up in a family of 6 children and have always been responsible for children younger than me. I’m a fully qualified Childcare and Education practitioner with a diploma and 5 years experience. I have previously been a Childcare practitioner in countries such as America and France. I have been living in Shanghai since last year and have been teaching English from my arrival.
- Greeting：My name is Evan Deal McDaniel and I have been
in China for just over two and a half years. I came to China to teach English and study Chinese. I am from New York City, and spent much of my Childhood living in California. I went to the University of Vermont where I studied Political Science and Chinese. One of my favorite parts of living in China is getting to understand a culture very different from my own, and examining my native culture from a new perspective.
- Greeting：Hello, I’m Cameron from America. One of my passions in life is learning – I believe that people should never stop learning! I strive to pass this passion to my students so that they can truly realize their full potential. Prior to joining SAGE in 2015 as teacher, I received my Bachelor’s degree in 2009 and my Juris Doctorate in 2013. Coming from background that emphasized writing and reading, I believe that the two most essential skills students can develop are critical thinking and persuasive writing. In my spare time I enjoy traveling to new places, reading, and studying history.
- Greeting：My name is Jerry. I’m a Canadian who has been in China for five years. I’ve been teaching for eight years. My interests are literature, music, film, and philosophy. It is my goal to give my students a quality education so that they may succeed in their future endeavors.
- Greeting：My name is Zack Lai hailing from Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States. I graduated from University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2007, with a Bachelors Degree in Finance. Throughout my life, I have been immersed in the American culture and educated in the United States school system. Raised in a family of five, I learned the value lesson of a strong family relationship and what it means to help each other. My passion is to help people to bring out their full potential and assist others within my capacity to pursue their dreams. By nature, I am a compassionate individual with tolerance and patients. I hope that I may instill value life-lessons to the future generations and give each person the tools and ideas to transcend beyond what is the norm.
- Greeting：My name is Cory Chan. I was born and raised in Chinatown, New York City. I majored in Sociology at Boston University and graduated in May of 2015. I had the privilege of studying abroad in London, Dubai and Shanghai. While I was living in Shanghai, I studied at Fudan University. Although I am of Chinese descent, I did not speak any Mandarin before I moved to China. Thankfully, living in China for the past two years has allowed my Mandarin to improve. On the weekends, I volunteer at at Mifan Mama, a non-profit organization located in the outskirts of Shanghai that helps children who are blind and partially-sighted. I enjoy working with children and teens. I hope to inspire young people to chase after their passions and to pursue a higher education.