About Our Campus
Teachers Home>About Our Campus>Teachers
- Greeting：9 years teaching in China.All ages & All Levels.
- Greeting：Originally from Upstate New York, I moved to Florida to complete my university education.
Upon completion, I moved to China where I have been teaching for the past eight years.
I have experience teaching children and adults, and have taught IELTS and TOEFL courses.
I have also lectured a university foundation year English course.
My name is Grace Gary, from Atlanta, Georgia, and I've been working with children in several environments across America and China. I was introduced to the profession of education at age 13, and continued to refine my skills as a home tutor, then a school teacher, for the past ten years.
I've learned that the best way to keep my students attention and drive for learning is through laughter and stories. In my classes I use jokes, personal experience, and incorporate the daily lives and hobbies of my students into the lesson. This assures a captivated interest for learning that gives them the self-motivation to succeed.
- Nile R
- Greeting：Greetings! My name is Nile. I am from Portland, Oregon in the United States. I love languages and find that learning new languages broadens one’s horizons and helps to make connections, strengthening your understanding of even your own native tongue. As a language student myself I understand the struggles and successes of my students and try to guide them with a caring approach. English can be a difficult subject but I motivate students with the passion I have for the English language. I look forward to working with you in the future!
- Patrick D
- Greeting：Hello! My name is Patrick . I am from Connecticut in the US, and I graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a degree in teaching. In the classroom I keep the atmosphere light while trying to push students towards their potential. If parents have any questions, concerns or they just want to talk with me please ask the front desk. I am more than willing to meet with you. During my off time I watch sports (American football and basketball), read and travel.
- Julia G
- Greeting：Hi, I’m Julia. I’m From Buffalo, New York. My class is very
organized, but not without a sense of excitement. I also believe it’s
important to associate learning with fun. Silly voices and acting out
words is my specialty, which brings a whimsical air to the classroom.
My interests include traveling, cartoons, comic books, and gaming.
- Greeting：Hi! My name is Thomas Cherry, I am from the English countryside. I was brought up in a family of 6 children and have always been responsible for children younger than me. I’m a fully qualified Childcare and Education practitioner with a diploma and 5 years experience. I have previously been a Childcare practitioner in countries such as America and France. I have been living in Shanghai since last year and have been teaching English from my arrival.
- Greeting：My name is Evan Deal McDaniel and I have been
in China for just over two and a half years. I came to China to teach English and study Chinese. I am from New York City, and spent much of my Childhood living in California. I went to the University of Vermont where I studied Political Science and Chinese. One of my favorite parts of living in China is getting to understand a culture very different from my own, and examining my native culture from a new perspective.
- Greeting：Hello, I’m Cameron from America. One of my passions in life is learning – I believe that people should never stop learning! I strive to pass this passion to my students so that they can truly realize their full potential. Prior to joining SAGE in 2015 as teacher, I received my Bachelor’s degree in 2009 and my Juris Doctorate in 2013. Coming from background that emphasized writing and reading, I believe that the two most essential skills students can develop are critical thinking and persuasive writing. In my spare time I enjoy traveling to new places, reading, and studying history.
- Greeting：My name is Jerry. I’m a Canadian who has been in China for five years. I’ve been teaching for eight years. My interests are literature, music, film, and philosophy. It is my goal to give my students a quality education so that they may succeed in their future endeavors.
- Greeting：My name is Zack Lai hailing from Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States. I graduated from University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2007, with a Bachelors Degree in Finance. Throughout my life, I have been immersed in the American culture and educated in the United States school system. Raised in a family of five, I learned the value lesson of a strong family relationship and what it means to help each other. My passion is to help people to bring out their full potential and assist others within my capacity to pursue their dreams. By nature, I am a compassionate individual with tolerance and patients. I hope that I may instill value life-lessons to the future generations and give each person the tools and ideas to transcend beyond what is the norm.
- Greeting：My name is Cory Chan. I was born and raised in Chinatown, New York City. I majored in Sociology at Boston University and graduated in May of 2015. I had the privilege of studying abroad in London, Dubai and Shanghai. While I was living in Shanghai, I studied at Fudan University. Although I am of Chinese descent, I did not speak any Mandarin before I moved to China. Thankfully, living in China for the past two years has allowed my Mandarin to improve. On the weekends, I volunteer at at Mifan Mama, a non-profit organization located in the outskirts of Shanghai that helps children who are blind and partially-sighted. I enjoy working with children and teens. I hope to inspire young people to chase after their passions and to pursue a higher education.
- Greeting：Jeffery Lau is Canadian. Studied at the University of Calgary, Software Engineering major. With years of teaching experience in various fields, he is passionate towards education, involved in several education startups. He likes to spend his spare time rock climbing, scuba diving, salsa dancing and martial arts.